woensdag 3 februari 2010

Self-portrait


Dear person,


I made some paintings in the Van Gogh style (or at least tried to), for art’s class because we had to. I tried to make the first one in the colours red, blue and thin purple for the background and red, yellow and some orange to make it kind of look like I’m in a very angry mood. I also made the colours go in a kind of wave from down left to up left to try and create a 3d picture what wasn’t very successful. In the second painting I tried to make a nice combination of the colour blue/yellow, red/purple and red/yellow to create a kind of illness. I noticed that the head was drawn to big, but it was too late. Also the other lines in the face aren’t the same as in the first one so I think the face is a failure on itself. I think the colours for the background were pretty successful, except from the fields of yellow which are too big. The colours in the body are also quite good, then again the field of orange and the lines of red are too big. But then the colours of the face, which are totally disastrous in comparison the other painting. And so I think the first painting is absolutely the best, in both outlines, details, and use of colours.

Dear regards

Ruben Verhelst

Class T3A

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten